My Ideal Landlord Contents Insurance

by Mark Gothland
(Kent, England)

Being a landlord for 17 years has taught me one thing - Landlord contents insurance is a must-buy and choosing the right type of contents coverage is critical. Let me explain what I mean by choosing the ideal contents insurance.

Personally I only provide minimal furniture and appliances for my rental properties. While this means that I take more time to find tenants, the tenants that I eventually get are serious ones who are willing to pay for their own household items.

For my case I will only need a basic landlord contents insurance to cover the home fixtures and fittings. This saves me a huge bundle for my insurance premiums.

Since fixture repairs can be really costly, I always opt for accidental coverage. Tenants can be quite careless with things that don't belong to them so I recommend that you get the accidental coverage (doesn't matter if your rental properties are fully furnished or bare minimum).

Click here to post comments

Return to Share Your Tips and Advice on Landlord Contents Insurance.