Looking for a landlord reference letter template? Whether you're a landlord or a tenant getting a reference from the landlord, get your sample tenant reference letter here.
1. Did the tenant pay his or her rent and bills on time?
2. If the tenant was late in rent and bill payments, how frequently did it happen?
3. Was the property kept in a reasonably clean and tidy condition?
4. Were there any major property damages caused by the tenant's abuse or negligence?
5. Did the tenant get along well with other tenants and neighbors?
6. Was tenants cooperative when dealing with disputes and issues?
7. If the tenant had pets, did the pets caused any damage or disturbance?
8, Will you rent to the same tenant again? If no, please explain why.
This tenant reference is given to verify tenancy of [Tenants' Names] and their two children in [Rental Property Address]. They were our tenants from [First Day of Lease] to [Last Day of Lease].
Their last monthly rent was in the amount of $[Rental Amount]. They were responsible and timely in their rent payments which was due the first day of each month. There was only one late payment and it was paid within 5 days of default without any reminder from us.
There had been no complaints from their neighbors and they had kept the rental unit and its surrounding area clean and tidy. We refunded their security deposit of $[Deposit Amount] in full within 14 days of their move out.
I am pleased to say that they were respectful and helpful tenants. They have never made any unreasonable demands or complaints during the duration of their stay.
Their pet dog was quiet and well behaved with no complaints from neighbors.
We did not serve [Tenants' Names] any eviction notices. We have been informed in advance that their reason for leaving is the need for a larger rental unit. If given the chance, I will gladly rent my property to them again.
Please feel free to contact me at [Landlord's Phone Number] and I will be glad to answer any other questions you may have.